Luton’s SENDIAS service operates in accordance with the provisions of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2015 and the National Quality Standards for impartial Information Advice and Support Services.
Disability Living Allowance for Children
For information on entitlement to DLA for children, please click on the link below:
Introduction to the Information and advice service
Luton’s SENDIAS service work with Children and Young People aged 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities. You may have seen our poster in your school. For young people aged 16-25 visit the young people’s page.
Who is our support for?
- Children aged 0-16.
- Children who have or believe they have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND).
- Children who might need information, advice or support about their SEND.
What help can we give?
- We will help you to understand your rights, decide what is important to you, and help you understand what is going on.
- We can attend meetings with you and support you through these.
- We will treat all the information you give us as confidential, unless you ask us to share the information with someone, or if we feel that information you shared might put you or someone else in danger.
- If we are not the right people to advise you, we can help you find the right person/organisation to give you support.
Prior to Covid 19, we could meet up face to face, whether on your own or with your parent/carer (it was entirely up to you). Now however, all meetings are virtual via Zoom and Skype. This will be the “norm” until further notice.
You can get in contact with us by calling 01582 548156 or e-mailing [email protected]