Luton’s SENDIAS service operates in accordance with the provisions of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated Special educational needs and disability code of practice 2015 and the national Quality standards for impartial Information Advice and Support Services.
Introduction to the Information and advice service
Luton’s SENDIAS service work with Children and Young People aged 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities. You may have seen our poster in your school? For young people aged 16-25 visit the young people’s page.
Who is our support for?
- Children aged 0-16.
- Children who have or believe they have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND).
- Children who might need information, advice or support about their SEND.
What help can we give?
- We will help you to understand your rights, decide what is important to you, and help you understand what is going on for you.
- We can attend meetings with you and support you through this meeting.
- We will treat all the information you give us with confidence unless you ask us to share the information with someone, or if we feel that information you shared might put you or someone else in danger.
- If we are not the right people to help you we can help you find the right person/organisation to give you support.
We can talk over the phone, call us on 01582 548156.
You can e-mail [email protected].
We can meet face to face in a place that is best for you. You come and meet with us, either with or without your parent/carer that is completely up to you.
You can get in contact with us by calling 01582 548156 or e-mailing [email protected]